AWS EC2 instances are the best compute power solution on the market today, simply because their infrastructure keeps improving. Today, AWS is officially launching the X1 instance, which has the following specs:
- Processor: 4 x Intel™ Xeon E7 8880 v3 running at 2.3 GHz – 64 cores / 128 vCPUs.
- Supports Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.1 GHz
- Memory: 1,952 GiB with Single Device Data Correction (SDDC+1).
- Instance Storage: 2 x 1,920 GB SSD.
- Network Bandwidth: 10 Gbps.
- Dedicated EBS Bandwidth: 10 Gbps (EBS-optimized at no charge).
Given its power, the X1 is great for workloads that need a large amount of memory, such as big data analytics. It was even certified by SAP for production workloads. You can migrate your onsite deployments to AWS or simply start anew.
These instances are available now as Reserved Instances and Dedicated Host Reservations. The three-year Partial Upfront Reserved Instance is priced at $3.97/hour in the US East Region, the rest of the pricing found in the guide.
Looking to increase your enterprise’s compute capacity with EC2 instances? Let us help you migrate your applications and workloads to the AWS cloud. Contact our cloud specialists today at PolarSeven.