Planning to adopt the AWS cloud but need some clarity on what applications to migrate? The AWS Application Discovery Service lets you do just that. This new service helps you study your environment and provide you with the data and visibility you need to migrate to the AWS cloud.
To use the service, you will install a small discovery agent in your source hosts. It will collect some data on the following:
- Installed apps and packages.
- Running apps and processes.
- TCP v4 and v6 connections
- Kernel brand, version, configuration, and modules.
- CPU and memory usage.
- Events involving process creation and termination, disk, and network.
- TCP and UDP listening ports
- NIC information.
- DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
You may run the agent either online or offline. When online, it will transmit the data securely to Application Discovery Service. If offline, it will save the data in your local drive for you to review.
More information about the AWS Application Discovery Service can be found in the video below.
Let PolarSeven help you successfully migrate into the AWS cloud. Contact our AWS migration specialists today.