The EC2 Run Command was designed for a number of actions, including software installation, ad hoc scripts or MS PowerShell commands, and editing Windows Update settings. As promised by AWS, the same Run Command is now available for Linux users as well.
The Run Command lets you do administration tasks for EC2 instances easily and securely, no matter how many you have active. Like with the other operating systems, you may install updates, edit configurations, and others for Linux. The benefits are also entirely the same:
- You may make the same changes throughout all your EC2 instances, as needed.
- You can control who has access to change things and what they can change.
- You get an audit trail for all changes.
- You get a reliable and consistent result across all instances.
- You can create your own custom commands or choose from a selection of predefined ones, then run them and track their progress.
To use the Run Command, go to your AWS Console, select Commands, then select Run a Command to get the main screen. Run Command for Linux is now available for free in US East (Northern Virginia), US West (Oregon), and Europe (Ireland) regions.
Find out how AWS EC2 instances can power your enterprise. Contact our PolarSeven cloud experts today.
[video_player type=”youtube” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″ border_size=”3″ border_color=”#50dccb”]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj1teWlqeHg1VHlwdw==[/video_player]