Previewed in re:Invent 2017, AWS is proud to announce that Amazon Sumerian is now generally available. Amazon Sumerian is a service that allows you to easily create virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and 3D applications. It supports hardware such as Oculus HTC Vive, and iOS devices through WebVR-compatible browsers.
You do not need to learn to code or learn to use specialized tools for 3D animation. You may easily apply 3D modeling, animation, lighting, audio, and other effects.
Included in the service are the following features:
- Web-based editor for creating 3D scenes
- Object library for pre-constructed objects and templates
- The ability to import your own 3D assets
- Customisable animated 3D hosts
- AWS Services Integration – Amazon Polly and Amazon Lex may add speech and natural language capability to Sumerian hosts. You may also connect with AWS Lambda, AWS IoT, and Amazon DynamoDB.
Read more about using this new service through the Sumerian tutorials.