In support of all Linux users, AWS is releasing the Linux AMI version 2015.09, a Linux image for Amazon EC2. This new major version is supported in all regions and on all current generation of EC2 instances.
The AMI’s major features include:
- Support for both PV and HVM modes
- Support for any EBS-backed and Instance Store-backed AMIs
- Release of 4.1.7 kernel, the most stable kernel that supports for OverlayFS
- Samba 4.1., PostgreSQL 9.4, MySQL 5.6 are included in the Linux AMI repositories.
- Includes updates to Docker 1.7.1 and Go 1.4.
- Includes PyPy 2.4, compatible with Python 2.7.8 in the Linux AMI
- Initial preview of the Rust programming language
More information on these features can be found in the release notes. You may install the Linux AMI right now!
If your business needs assistance setting up your own Linux EC2 data center, please feel free to contact our cloud specialists at PolarSeven.