Apache HBase 1.2 is now available under Amazon EMR. HBase is a big data store that can house billions of columns and rows. Its scalability and ease-of-use make it perfect for ad tech, web analytics, and financial services workloads.
The update provides the following benefits:
- Scalability – Not only can HRBase store billions of data rows and columns, it also lets you organize your schema through column families and prefixes.
- S3 Backup – A HBase Snapshot Tool can export your database to Amazon S3.
- Coprocessors – You can create your own business logic to use with HBase and participate in query and update processing.
- Accurate Read-Write – all readers get the same value each time a writer returns.
- Graphs and Timeseries – You can link HBase with more advanced datastores such as Titan and OpenTSDB.