AWS is proud to announce that it has launched Microsoft SQL Server 2017. You may now launch Amazon EC2 instances on Windows Server 2016 with four different editions of MS SQL Server 2017: Web, Express, Standard, and Enterprise.
Its features include:
Adaptive Query processing
- Faster queries through upgrading
- Interleaved execution
- Batch-mode memory grant feedback
- Batch-mode adaptive joins
- Store relationships using nodes
- Analyze interconnected data through node/edge query syntax
Support for Linux and Docker
- Support for RHEL Ubuntu and Docker
- Package based installs, Docker image
- Support for Open Shift, Docker Swarm
- Failover clustering through Pacemaker
- SSMS on Windows connected to Linux
- Command line tools
- SQL Server Agent
- Log shipping
- Transparent data encryption
- SCOM management pack
- Full-text Search
Also included are automatic database tuning, and creation of clusterless Always On Availability Groups.
Need assistance to get your enterprise started in AWS EC2? Contact our AWS professionals at PolarSeven today.