Amazon Cognito pools allow you to provide user sign-up and sign-in to mobile and web applications. You can manage user pools by choosing which fields each account should contain (e.g. name, address, contact number, and so on).
AWS has announced that Amazon Cognito user pools is now generally available. Regions included are US West (Oregon), US East (Virginia), Europe (Ireland), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo).
Even better, AWS has also included these enhancements to Amazon Cognito:
- Device Remembering – Cognito remembers the set of devices each user signs in from. The user pool’s creator has the option to let users request this option. With MFA enabled, remembered devices can forgo the MFA code as an entry requirement.
- User Search – the user pool creator can search for users using their attributes (e.g. user name, given name, family name, contact details, etc.)
- Customizable Email – you may specify the From and Reply to fields used to email your users. Note that they must be verified with Amazon SES before they can be selected.
- Attribute Permissions – you may set detailed read and write permissions for each user attribute. This lets you determine which applications can view and modify each of the user attributes.
- Custom Authentication Flow – You may use new APIs or AWS Lambda to create your own sign-in flow
- Admin Sign-in – The app can accept sign-ins from backend servers or even Lambda functions.
- Global Sign-out – Lets user sign out from all devices
- Custom Expiration Date – expiration period for refresh tokens
- API Gateway Integration – you can user pools to authorize API requests through Amazon API gateways.
These features are available now for use. If you want to learn how to apply Amazon Cognito to your applications, contact our cloud specialists today at PolarSeven.